Australia’s James Pattinson has been handed over with a ban for first Pak vs Aus test match due to abusing opponent personally while playing for Victoria in a Sheffield Shield match.
According to cricket Australia, the 29 year old was conflicting a rival with Mitchell Starc for third-pace bowling spot in a test series of two matches which has started from Thursday.
“I made a mistake in the heat of the moment. Straight away I realised I was in the wrong, and I apologised immediately, both to the opponent and to the umpires. I have done the wrong thing and accept the penalty. I’m gutted to miss a test match, but the standards are there for a reason and the fault is mine.” said the Australian fast bowler in his talk with Australia Cricket.
The fast bowler had already been under hot water two times before for breaking code of conduct of Cricket Australia. According to Cricket Australia, in Australia’s pace attack, Starc is most likely to play with Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood for Pak vs Aus first test match at Gabba. Pattinson may not be part of upcoming Pak vs Aus two tests squad as told by the sources.
Due to involvement of Australia’s player in such scandals, everyone has caught an eye on them. Last year in 2018, skipper Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner were banned for era of one year during South Africa’s test due to their players breaching codes of conducts.
Current Australian captain Tim Paine has a say on the entire situation. He said,
“James knows that he has let himself down. He has let the group down,”
“We actually had a chat last night about how we hold ourselves to really high standards now with our behaviour. That’s not just when we are playing international cricket, we’ve got to go back to domestic cricket and lead the way on that front as well. We are disappointed in that but, James has owned up, knows he has made a mistake and apologised for it, and he will come back bigger and better.”