Grand Football League is a football quiz competition started in 2017 by Green Team Group. The league started with 4 teams which were based on the combination of cities of Pakistan and famous football clubs. 5th team is introduced in the 2nd edition of GFL.
- Peshawar Barca
- Islamabad Madrid
- Karachi City
- Quetta Munich
- Lahore United
Peshawar Barca won the inaugural edition of Grand Football League
Rules & Instructions
TEAMS & SQUADS
- 5 Teams are playing GFL 2018
- Each Team consist of 5 players including captain
- Only captain & players are authorised to join the team official group chat, action will be taken against the captain if someone else is found in the chat.
Each Team will play each other once. Top two teams will play the final.
In the group stage, two points are awarded for a win and no points for a loss.
In the group stages teams are ranked on the basis of the following criteria:
- Higher number of points
- If equal, highest number of wins
- If equal, the results of head to head meeting
- if still equal, most goals scored in total matches
NUMBER OF QUESTIONS
- Group Stages: 6 Questions + Max 2 in Penalty Round
- Finals: 10 Questions + Max 2 in Penalty Round
In case of a tie, penalty round will take place in which both captains will ask the approved questions from each other turn by turn, if only one team gets the answer correct then that team will be victorious. However, if both teams get the answer wrong or correct then the final tie breaker question will come by the host and who ever will answer that first will be victorious with unlimited time and tries.
- Captains have to announce a Vice Captain before the start of every match, and in case of any change in vice captain, captain have to inform the management at any stage of the match.
- If captain is unavailable for a match then in that case, captain have to inform the management at-least 1 hour before the match along with new captain appointed for that match.
- During the match if captain is unavailable, Vice Captain can inform umpires and can take the charge.
- Captain can also give charge to Vice Captain even in his presence during the match.
Each correct answer will award the team with 1 goal, and the player who will get wrong answer or fails to get correct answer first then yellow card will be given to him.
QUESTION CRITERIA & INSTRUCTIONS
- Every question will have one answer.
- Tournament name will be mentioned along with every question.
- One question for the Penalty round will be approved by each captain at-least 30 minutes before the match. If a previously unused approved question is present with the team then they may not approve more questions. If a team don’t have approved question in penalty round then a goal will be awarded to the opposite side.
- First 5 questions can be answered by any member of the squad, while the 6th question will be answered by both captains only. Each player of the squad can answer maximum 2 questions.
The question will be from the following tournaments and International Football:
- FIFA World Cup
- UEFA European Championship
- Copa America
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Super Cup
- English Premier League
- Serie A
- La Liga
- Copa del Rey
- FA Cup
HOSTING & TIME FOR QUESTIONS
- 2 Hosts / Referee per Match
- Referee will “Whistle” before asking the question and say “Stop” when the time ends.
- 30 seconds will be given to both teams for answer each question.
- Answer must have the full name i.e (C Ronaldo is acceptable)
REVIEW & ERROR
- 1 Review per team in a match is allowed, which can be used within 1 minute of “Stop”.
- If Review is successful it will be retained.
- ONLY acting captain can review, review by any other player wont be considered.
- If Question is proved wrong, then the Question will be done again despite correct answer claimed by a team
- If Question is correct but the answer is proved wrong, then the team with correct answer will be awarded goal.
- In order to prove something wrong, additional 3 minutes will be allotted to the captain who reviewed, the captain will be asked to provide a source with correct answer, if they have answered the correct answer then they will be given the goal they scored, otherwise no change will take place in scoreboard.
- Unauthentic sources like unofficial Wikipedia pages, unverified Twitter accounts, unknown Blogs wont be entertained.
CODE OF CONDUCT & PUNISHMENT
- If a player from non playing team answers a question before “Stop”, then that player will be given red card and will face 1 match ban.
- If a non nominated player or group member answers a question before “Stop”, then that player will be given red card and will be muted for 24 hours.
- Spamming will lead to 24 hours mute
- Misbehaving with umpire, captain or any other player will lead to 24 hours to 48 hours mute
- Abusing will lead to ban from GFL & GT.
Captains have to appear at the match time sharp, 5 extra minutes will be given to captains after the start of match time. Every 5 minutes a Goal will be awarded to the opposite team as a reward. Match will be gifted to the opposition after 15 minutes from the initial time if a captain doesn’t show up.
Ideally captains and players must be present at the match thread 10 minutes before the match.