Pakistan was handed a reality check on Saturday as they were beaten in stunning fashion by a second-string Sri Lankan side in Lahore.
The second T20I of the three-match series between Pakistan and Sri Lanka will be played at Gaddafi Satdium Lahore today.
With the Gaddafi Stadium playing host to the second game, Pakistan looks to keep the series alive as they walk into the match under immense pressure and expectations.
Date: Monday October 07, 2019
Timing: 06:30 PM PKT
Venue: Gaddafi Stadium Lahore
Weather: The weather is all clear for this game with no chance of rain on the forecast.
Conditions / Pitch Report: The pitch did slow down as the game progressed although teams should prefer batting second under the lights. With some swing also on offer, scores of 160-170 should do the trick for either side batting first. There should be some extra help from the bowlers given the conditions at the ground.
Head to Head:
Matches: 14 | Pakistan: 8 | Sri Lanka: 6 | NR: 0
Pakistan: L L W L L (completed matches, most recent first)
Sri Lanka: W W L L L
After a shock loss in the first game, a couple of changes could be made with Fakhar Zaman being swapped with Ahmed Shahzad and Haris Sohail with Iftikhar Ahmed.
Although their bowlers were able to restrict SL to a par score, Pakistan couldn’t fire after a Babar Azam failure. A lot rides on his performance on Monday with the series on the line.
Mohd Hasnain, who picked a hattrick in the previous game, should also keep his place in the side alongside Mohd Amir and Faheem Ashraf.
Pakistan’s Probable XI:
1. Fakhar Zaman, 2. Ahmed Shahzad / Fakhar Zaman, 3. Babar Azam, 4. Umar Akmal, 5. Sarfraz Ahmed (capt/wk), 6. Iftikhar Ahmed / Haris Sohail, 7. Shadab Khan 8. Imad Wasim, 9. Faheem Ashraf, 10. Mohammad Amir, 11. Mohammad Hasnain
2. Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka will probably see no reason to change their XI.
Sri Lanka’s Probable XI:
1. Bhanuka Rajapaksa, 2. Danushka Gunathilaka, 3. Avishka Fernando, 4. Shehan Jayasuriya, 5. Minod Bhanuka (wk), 6. Dasun Shanaka (capt), 7. Wanindu Hasaranga 8. Isuru Udana, 9. Lakshan Sandakan, 10. Kasun Rajitha, 11. Nuwan Pradeep
Players to watch:
1. Babar Azam – Batsman, Pakistan
Babar Azam is number one ranked Twenty20 batsman. Babar Azam didn’t have a good start to the series but he is a smart player and plays well to the situation. He has been very consistent with the runs for Pakistan and could be one of the most important players in the match.
2. Mohammad Amir – Bowler, Pakistan
Pakistan’s fast bowlers are really capable of wreaking havoc on their day. Mohammad Amir will be looking to rekindle that spark with his accurate bowling.
3. Shehan Jayasuriya – Batsman, Sri Lanka
With form and experience both by his side, Jayasuriya is the only good candidate in Sri Lanka’s batting line-up and probably one of the batsmen to watch out.
4. Dasun Shanaka – Bowler, Sri Lanka
Dasun Shanaka is a force to reckon with while batting and can get a few wickets with his variations when he’s bowling.
Stats and Travia:
- Sri Lanka have lost each of their four most-recent T20 series, two of which have been at home, and two away. Their last away series win (outside one-off games) was against Bangladesh in early 2018.
- Pakistan have never lost a bilateral T20 series to Sri Lanka.