IPL 2018

Sunil Narine’s suspect action not a problem for IPL, said KKR owner

Image: Vipin Pawar / IPL / SPORTZPICS

Kolkata Knight Riders’ premier spinner Sunil Narine has joined the squad and looks like the two-time IPL champions will have his services from the word go, despite his action being reported during the recent Pakistan Super League.

The franchise are also awaiting Mitchell Starc’s replacement by tomorrow, team CEO Venky Mysore said on Sunday.

The 29-year-old West Indian spinner faced an uncertain future last month when his bowling action was again reported during PSL.

“I had some very good conversation with the IPL, there’s absolutely no issue with Sunil. He’s joined the side, it’s business as usual. No worries there,” Mysore said on the sidelines of a promotional event.

Related: Indian Premier League 2018 All Teams Complete Squads

Australian left-arm seamer Starc, who was bought by KKR for Rs 9.4 crore, has been ruled out after suffering a stress fracture.

The Aussie duo of Johnson and Chris Lynn are on their way and will join the side tonight, he said

“We are not yet ready to make the announcement. Protocol demands that the IPL announces it first, hopefully by tomorrow (you will get the name),” he said, even as there is speculation that West Indies captain Jason Holder will be named as Starc’s replacement.

The team CEO said they are not worried too much because of Starc’s injury pullout and said Mitchell Johnson would lead the attack.

“We have a very good option in Mitchell Johnson. He has played [in editions before] and won two championships when he has played for teams and he is an outstanding player.

KKR will open their campaign against Royal Challengers Bangalore on April 8.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top